Study of Luke 23:6-12
We are almost at the end of this book now (only 2 chapters left to go!) and things are getting messy! Jesus has been falsely arrested and now the authorities are battling over what to do with this ‘troublemaker’.
- Pilate only sends Jesus to Herod in Luke’s account. Why do you think Luke wanted to include this information?
- Why was Herod wanting to meet Jesus? How long had he been waiting?
- Why did Herod get Jesus dressed up in a robe like a king?
- Why do you think that Jesus spoke to Pilate but refused to reply to Herod?
- Why was Jesus sent back to Pilate again at the end of the passage?