I am sure you will know this passage already so I am just going to give a quick summary before getting into the questions for today:
Jesus is arrested, Peter follows, people around question Peter about his connection with Jesus, he denies knowing Jesus, once, twice, three times, then the roaster crows and Peter remembers that he told Jesus he would never deny him but Jesus told him he would do so three times before the roaster crowed….. and breathe!
- Why is Jesus taken straight to the high priest after being arrested?
- Why does Peter deny knowing Jesus?
- Why does Peter cry when he denies Jesus for the third time? What is he remembering?
- Previously, Jesus used the Greek word agape for love the first two times, while Peter used a different word, phileo. Agape carries the meaning of intense, complete, devoted, sacrificial love, while phileo refers to love as in friendship. Why do you think they used different words?
- What can we learn from this and apply to our lives today?