Study of Luke 20:41-44
In this passage, Jesus is answering a question, perhaps asked by someone or maybe He just knew they would be wondering about it – ‘Why do people say the Christ is the Son of David?’
- Who is Jesus talking to in this passage?
- Is the question a genuine or rhetorical question? How can we know?
- In verse 42, it says ‘The Lord said to my Lord’. Who are these referring to? Are they the same person?
- Which enemies of God did David put ‘under God’s control’?
- Finally, I am asking the question that Jesus asks in the passage: David calls the Christ ‘Lord,’ so how can the Christ be his son?