Study of Luke 14:12-14
In this passage, we find Jesus telling yet another parable to the man who He had attended dinner with. You will see when you read the whole chapter, that both the passage before and the one after are both parables and each of them are related to dinners and banquets also. He must have been hungry when He was telling these stories to have had food on brain each time!
- Why does Jesus talk use parables of eating and banquets so often in His teaching?
- Who was this teaching intended for?
- Why does Jesus tell the man to not only invite His rich friends and family but also the poor and crippled, lame and blind to the banquet?
- What does Jesus mean when He says, “But you will be repaid when the good people rise from the dead”?
- How can we use this parable to help us be more Christ-like in our lives?