Study of Luke 17:24-37
In this passage found in Luke 17, Jesus is telling His followers of what to expect when He comes back again. We know that they would not have experienced His second coming as we are yet to experience it, but we know that Jesus did not even know when this would be. He did know that we would be reading this though so perhaps it was intended more for those of us who read this in the Bible than for those who wrote it down in the first place.
- What signs are mentioned in the passage that will tell us Jesus is coming?
- Can you remember/ find another incidence that Jesus or God shone like lightening like He is depicted to do in His second coming?
- Why is this time also described like the events surrounding Noah and Lot?
- Verse 33 reads, ‘Those who try to keep their lives will lose them. But those who give up their lives will save them.’ What does this mean?
- When the people around who heard Jesus say all this they asked Him where it will happen. Jesus answered, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.” What does He mean?